Our Little Family of Five

Our Little Family of Five

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's beginning to look and FEEL a lot like Christmas!!!

It is December 7th and it is 15 degrees outside...BRRR!!! We are so happy and blessed that God brought us back home to Indiana but I have a confession...I MISS CHARLESTON, SC!!! Last year, we attended the tree lighting ceremony in downtown Charleston wearing jeans and a sweatshirt, we took walks on the beach, and went to James Island Park to see Santa (the boys wore a sweater)! Now, having confessed this I will say we missed our family and friends and we would much rather be here but we are struggling a bit getting into winter mode! We have lost two hats already, Chase HATES his coat, and I never know how many layers to put on the baby!!! I love the snow but the wind that cuts through your body like glass I hate!!! Well I think that is enough confessing and complaining about winter!!! So now for the awesome Christmas stuff we have done...our tree and decor is up and looking great! We have watched a bunch of Christmas movies already. We read a Christmas book every night. We went to Christmas at the Zoo and drove through the Reynold's light display. We saw Santa but no pics to show because the one of Chase was terrible, Cooper Baby was TERRIFIED of him, and Cayden can't be exposed to the germs so we are going to wait for his first Santa visit next year! But the most fabulous Christmas thing we have done so far is teaching the boys especially Chase since he can somewhat understand is the real REASON FOR THE SEASON! If you ask Chase why we celebrate Christmas he will tell you "its Jesus birthday" He loves to play with his nativity scene and we often talk about how baby Jesus and baby Cayden are both babies...I love that he knows why we celebrate Christmas! If you ask anyone they will tell you I LOVE buying gifts at Christmas especially for the kids and I admittedly go overboard BUT I truly know THE TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS and am working every day to teach our boys the love and story of Jesus Christ. AND if all the shopping and gifts went away Christmas (also Easter ) would still be my favorite holiday!! Thank you God for the blessing of your Son and the amazing story of His birth, life, and sacrifice!

No comments:

Post a Comment