Our Little Family of Five

Our Little Family of Five

Friday, January 7, 2011

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

It is January 7th, 2011. I have not blogged in a month...needless to say the holidays kept me busy and I didn't take the time to stop and blog. So we will recap a little and then look into the new year! Christmas was very nice...Santa came and spoiled the boys! We had a great Christmas Eve service with Christopher's family at WRCC. Everyone came to us so it was nice not to travel...we played, napped, ate, and then did it all over again...it was very nice. Over New Years we went to Dad's like we always do...we had a blast and it was nice to be back home! I have had a rough time getting into the "New Year" spirit...usually I'm full of resolutions, goals, etc. However, this year I am lacking all of the motivation...I feel like we are being over run by toys in this house and nothing is organized but most of this comes from the need for more space which is just not an option right now so I need to just deal. I also think part of my lack of "spirit" is I know we have a major year ahead of us and its hard for me to not really look at the past year and anticipate another year like it...Do not get me wrong...we are blessed and God is with us ALWAYS! He blessed us with our youngest baby boy Cayden in 2010 and that in itself is a HUGE blessing but it was a rough year...Cayden had heart surgery at 6 weeks old, hospitalized twice, and struggles with his growth. He is not even 8 months old and has been to his pediatrician 27 times! I know it could be worse and I know there are people out there losing their children or their children are fighting for their lives and I feel guilty that I get down about Cayden's struggles but it's the truth and I promised when I started this blog that I would be honest! 2011 brings another surgery, many more trips to the doctor, and the beginning of OT and PT through First Steps. God willing 2011 will also bring a healing...after surgery he will heal and we will hopefully not have anymore issues. It may take him awhile to catch up but he will! That is a true blessing and I do know that! So instead of making future goals I am taking this new year head on...one day at a time! I have some personal health goals that I will tackle along the way and each day I have worked on some part of the house...but the most focused part of this year will be Cayden. Just typing that makes me feel guilty because I have yet to mention Chase and Cooper...they of course are my priorities too! Chase and Cooper are growing and learning everyday! I am blessed to have all three of boys but this will be a big year for Cayden. I pray God will give me the strength, wisdom, and knowledge to raise and lead my boys to the best of my ability! I am praying for a BIG year for 2011 and the blessings God will unfold for us...I am thankful for my family and friends who love us and support us through everything and I am looking forward to recording our journey on this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment