Planning for your baby to have an intense invasive surgery is like having to plan a wedding. It is emotional, stressful, and the closer you get to the "big day" the more you need to get done and the harder it is to get it done! Over the last few weeks, I have been planning, cooking, and freezing meals. Arranging care, transportation, and schedules for Chase & Cooper. Cleaning the house, organizing closets, cleaning out the garage, and laundry. These things all need done but it also helped keep my mind on whats to come. I needed everything done and taken care of so that I could focus on my boys when we get home...focus on Cayden's care and recovery. Also, focusing on time with my big bugs as we are away from them for quite a while. In the midst of all the preparation, there is praying. Praying for strength, patience, and truly begging God to make everything okay. Along with praying, there is texting, phone calls, emails, dinners with friends and family all who are comforting and supporting us...offering meals...more meals than I ever thought we would be blessed with...it had truly made us re-realize how blessed we are!
Tuesday, October 18th, brought on our pre-op appointment. I took my boys over to Betzy and Andy's house...the Goller's are some of our very best friends in this world. They took our boys Tuesday all-day, had a sleepover, and watched them all day on Wednesday so that family could all be at the hospital. Their beautiful children: Gabe, Sam, and Gwen are best friends with our boys and I knew that they would be loved on, cared for, and even disciplined if needed. I knew the boys would have a blast and would look at it as one big play date. I am sure if you are a parent you can understand the need for this reassurance but if you can't let me tell you there is NOTHING more terrifying than being at the hospital with one baby and worrying about your other babies at home. Thankfully because of the Goller's we didn't have to worry for a second and for that we will ALWAYS be grateful!
This pre-op appointment was four hours of EKGS, X-rays, bloodwork, dr. visits, and admin paperwork. I think it is their way of preparing you for the length of surgery day! Cayden and I were exhausted after that and enjoyed a nice long nap together at home...just him and me :) Daddy got home, Aunt Melinda arrived in town and we headed to Red Robin for our "last" meal. Cayden of course ate his entire order of mac n cheese along with lots of mommy's fries! He was the cutest best behaved baby that night and we had a nice time just enjoying dinner. We got home and daddy gave him a bath, bottle, and it was bedtime...in eight short hours we would be on our way to Peyton Manning Children's Hospital.
No comments:
Post a Comment