I am a stay at home mommy of 3 boys. Chase is 5 and 1/2 yrs old, Cooper is 3 and 1/2 yrs old, and Cayden is 2 and 1/2 yrs old. I have been married to my wonderful husband Christopher for 8 years. He is a dedicated husband and father who works very hard to provide for our family in many ways.
Our Little Family of Five
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
It's been 6 years...
It was about 6 years ago when Christopher and I sat in the barnyard themed room, that was painted blue and green, and assembled a crib. The crib was beautiful...a gift from our parents. It was one of those 4 in 1 cribs. We didn't know then that we would never use the other 3 uses because we would have babies 2 years apart and just purchase a toddler bed for Chase. Nor did we know it would be the first of 2 cribs because we would have babies 13 months apart! That crib in the barnyard themed room was the beginning...the beginning of our lives as parents. The place that our babies would lay down their heads and rest. The crib we looked at every night as we checked on our babies before we headed to bed. The crib that was in so many pictures and memories. Today, that crib is in pieces in our spare room. It is no longer holding our babies. It will no longer be the place of sleep, confinement, or play for our babies. Pieces...just pieces waiting to provide a safe haven for another little one. I'm thankful to be passing it on...thankful for blessing another family with something they need, that their baby needs. But, my heart is heavy. It aches. I know it is silly...I mean really its a piece of furniture. But its also an ending...the ending to the baby stage. I am not ready for this. I feel like I write about Cayden's history in every blog but it is woven in every thought, feeling, and memory of our lives. I feel like we were so focused on keeping him healthy, keeping him growing, that we lost his baby journey. Now, he is Big Baby! He is in a twin bed, he is talking, he is playing, he is running this house!! LoL. I am so thankful for the way God has surrounded us and for the mercy of His mighty plan and I feel guilty that I am even "complaining" about this new stage in our life because we didn't know if we would get here! I am just sad...sad to be out of the baby stage...sad to not be bringing home another baby to that crib...sad to not have all my boys cram into the crib and giggle uncontrollably because they are in the baby's bed :) Just plain sad. However, there is nothing we can do but to "mourn" and move on...like all mommies do as we pass through the different stages of our kiddos lives.goodbye crib! Thank you for all the memories :) Bring on the next stage...I'm ready..I think!!
So
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment